Are you interested in using Project Based Learning to make your lessons more interesting and motivating but aren’t sure how to get started? Do you already use projects and need the exchange with other teachers in order to develop new ideas and broaden your experience? Do you want to introduce real life scenarios into your classes, crossing the barriers of subjects and providing accessible learning to your students? Then this is the right course for you.
After a general introduction on the theoretical principles of PBL and an overview of ways to adapt the method to the needs of your class, the curriculum and the conditions at your school you will have the chance to:
- create your own Project Based Learning units working in groups
- find out about available resources and material
- learn about basic filming and editing techniques for future filming projects
- collect material on the spot for your “5 senses project”
- get hands on experience of PBL learning by participating in projects and workshops
- collaborate with teachers from other schools, exchange ideas and experience
- start networking with colleagues from other European countries for future PBL or other projects
Even if it is not possible to change the school curriculum and make PBL your main method, introducing projects into your teaching can increase student engagement and encourage collaboration, innovation and creative problem-solving.
The schedule for the course is adapted to the number of participants and their specific needs. To see an indicative schedule follow the link
Scheduled courses in 2017 & 2018:
- 6-12 May 2017
- 26 June – 2 July 2017
- 11-17 November 2017
- 28 April – 04 May 2018
- 29 June – 06 July 2018
Other dates can be arranged upon request.
Deadline for KA1 applications:
- February 2017
- Tuition fees and administration: 490.- Euro/ per person
- Accommodation: 360.- Euro for 6 nights in single room including breakfast
Meals and transfers from and to the airport are not included but can be provided upon request. All activities as mentioned above are included.